A library is an important source of knowledge to young minds. The school boasts well-equipped libraries with books on various topics including, Encyclopaedia, Medical science books, Fiction novels, Daily newspapers, Reference books, and several periodicals.
All students have easy accessibility to the books as we have an open shelf system. We also have separate reading rooms for senior and junior students and new books are added from time to time.
We prefer books from multiple majors that includes drama, poetry, prose, refrence books, science and technology, magazines, stories, essays, novels, art and crafts. We provide a no noise zone for our library.
Following are some rules of the library to be followed by every student who wants to join the library in Pilani Public School.
QUIET PLACE FOR WORK AND STUDY :
The library is meant to be a quiet place for study and reading. And common silence has to be maintained in a library. One should keep his/her voice low. Please keep your voices low. Treat everyone respectfully. Do not disturb others. Use appropriate voice and behavior.
BE SELF SUFFICIENT :
Always carry your stationery items of your own.
BE SELF SUFFICIENT :
The library has an open shelf system; books are already arranged neatly for the convenience of all users. Students must not place books haphazardly on the shelves or tables. Put the books back on the shelf properly and tuck in the chairs. Do not leave your notebooks.
NO FOOD ZONE:
There are no beverages, food, or gum allowed in the library at any time. Eating and drinking are completely prohibited in the library.
SOME OTHER RULES:
- Students are not allowed to bring their personal books, school bags, or belongings to the library.
- The borrower’s ticket is not transferable. Issue books only against your own borrower’s ticket.
- During class time, students may only come into the library with a pass from their teacher.
- Always check the due date. Others need to use the book. If the book is not returned on or before the due date, a late fee of Rs. 1/day for a book is charged.
- Be a conscientious reader and enjoy the benefits of an excellent school library.